Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Victorian Treasures...


With all of the snow/no school days we have had (with more on it's way), I have had PLENTY of time to catch up and empty out my pile of magazines. The last one I read was COUNTRY LIVING Feb 2011 issue. I always enjoy this magazine, and usually end up with some fun ideas for the house, or a new yummy recipe to try out. But in this issue, their piece on collecting really stuck a cord with me!


I have been making necklaces for myself for some time, using all sorts of treasures I find. And this article was really fun to see, in part because I love all this kind of stuff, but also educational as to what it is and it's orginal use. Here are some of mine: shoe buckle with pearls, a picture of my grandfather in a locket with black onyx, a sterling (what I thought was a dance card) note pad on onyx with vintage rhinestone beads, and a table broom on a gold chain.


Although these are my personal pieces, I am thinking of branching out a little... and sharing the love with yall!


Stay tuned for some new, wonderful, one-of-a-kind, pieces coming your way!

No comments: